This guilt-free, low-fat dessert has only 140 calories per serving! Cut into small bites for delicate nibbling.
Cost Per Serving: 0.51
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 35 - 40 minutes
1. Preheat oven to 350° F (175° C).
2. Lightly spray an 8" x 8" (20 cm x 20 cm) pan with vegetable oil.
3. Sift Pure Cocoa, flour, Baking Powder and salt into a medium mixing bowl.
4. In large bowl, whisk together sugar, butter, egg whites, applesauce and Vanilla Extract.
5. Stir flour mixture into wet ingredients until just combined.
6. Pour into prepared pan and bake 35–40 minutes (for chewy brownies, do not overbake). Cool in pan and cut into squares.
Per Serving : Calories 140, Fat 2.5 g (Saturated 1.5 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 5 mg, Sodium 105 mg, Carbohydrate 29 g (Fibre 2 g, Sugars 21 g), Protein 2 g.
Tips: Dress It Up: Using a stainless steel strainer or dredger, sift icing sugar or Epicure’s Pure Cocoa overtop for a decorative touch.
February 13, 2012