Epicure’s Noodly Asian Crunch Salad
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1/2 Cup (125 ml) rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) Epicure’s Sesame Crunch Topper
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) sugar
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) vegetable oil
- 454 g pkg. rice noodles or udon or your favourite pasta
- 2 carrots thinly sliced (Tip: use Epicure’s Ceramic Slicer)
- 500 g pkg. frozen edamame (soy beans) or 2 cups (500 ml) frozen green peas, cooked and cooled
- 1/2 English cucumber, sliced
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped fresh cilantro or ¼ cup (60 ml) each chopped fresh cilantro and mint (optional)
1. Pour lime juice, vinegar, Sesame Crunch Topper, sugar, soy sauce and oil in Epicure’s Cruet. Shake to mix.
2. Cook noodles according to package directions, then drain and place in a large bowl.
3. Add dressing and carrots and toss to mix. Let cool, then stir in edamame, cucumber and cilantro.
4. Dish up at room temperature or cover and refrigerate up to 2 days. Sprinkle with more Sesame Crunch Topper before serving.
Per Serving (serving) : Calories 280, Fat 6 g (Saturated 0.5 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 180 mg, Carbohydrate 48 g (Fibre 2 g, Sugars 4 g), Protein 9 g.