A traditional New Orleans dish, perfect for weekend entertaining. Make it easily at home!
Cost Per Serving: 2.15
Prep Time: 10 - 15 minutes
Cook Time: 35 - 40 minutes
- 1/2 lb (225 g) andouille or Italian sausage, or cured ham, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 lb (450 g) boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- Epicure's Sea Salt, to taste
- Epicure's Pepper, to taste
- 1 1/3 cups (330 ml) rice
- 1 pkg Epicure's What’s for Dinner? Jambalaya Recipe Seasoning Mix
- 1 — 28 oz (796 ml) can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups (500 ml) water
- 1 lb (450 g) shrimp – optional
1. Preheat oven to 350° F (175° C).
2. Brown sausage in Epicure’s Everything Pan over medium-high heat. Remove to drain on paper towel.
3. Season chicken with Sea Salt and Pepper and brown on both sides. Add rice, What’s for Dinner? Jambalaya Recipe Seasoning Mix, tomatoes, water and sausage. Stir, cover and bake for 35 minutes.
4. Top with shrimp during last 5 minutes of cooking, if desired.
This recipe is much lower in sodium than restaurant versions, and easy to make at home.
Per Serving : Calories 270, Fat 11 g (Saturated 4 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 70 mg, Sodium 560 mg, Carbohydrate 34 g (Fibre 2 g, Sugars 4 g), Protein 24 g.
Tips: Serving Suggestion: Serve with steamed veggies.
January 01, 2011