Epicure's Everyday Meatloaf
Home comfort in a pan. Make this versatile recipe your own by tailoring it to your family's favourite flavours!
Cost Per Serving: 1.48
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
1. Preheat oven to 375° F (190° C).
2. Whisk eggs and milk in a large bowl. Stir in breadcrumbs and Seasoning for Meatloaf.
3. Add meat and Sea Salt, and mix well.
4. Press mixture into a lightly greased 9” x 5” (23 cm x 13 cm) loaf pan.
5. Bake approximately 1 hour 10 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 160° F (71° C). (Note: 165° F (74° C) is recommended for ground chicken or turkey.)
6. Drain excess fat and let rest on counter 5 – 10 minutes before slicing.
Fill up on fibre! Use oats, bran or whole-grain breadcrumbs instead of regular breadcrumbs. Add a sprinkling of ground flax or wheat germ for good measure.
Per Serving (beef option) : Calories 360, Fat 20 g (Saturated 8 g, Trans 0.5 g), Cholesterol 150 mg, Sodium 160 mg, Carbohydrate 4 g (Fibre 1 g, Sugars 1 g), Protein 39 g.
Tips: Time Saver: Divide this and any Epicure's meatloaf recipe between 3 Epicure's Silicone Mini-Loaf Pans. Bake 35–40 minutes for 2-person portions, or freeze for an easy meal any time!
December 29, 2009