Epicure’s Curry in a Hurry
An ideal cook once, eat twice dish. Serve with rice, couscous, or pita bread – or as a satisfying meal on its own.
Cost Per Serving: 2.50
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 - 20 minutes
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) vegetable oil
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 red pepper, cut into thick strips
- 1 green pepper, cut into thick strips
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) Epicure's Madras Curry
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) Epicure's 3 Onion Dip Mix
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (500 ml) prepared Epicure's Vegetable Bouillon
- 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) frozen peas
- 1 — 19 oz (540 ml) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 green onion, sliced diagonally – optional
1. Heat a large Epicure's Eclipse® Coated Professional Frying Pan over medium heat. Add oil and chicken and stir-fry approximately 5 minutes.
2. Add peppers and stir-fry an additional 2 minutes.
3. Sprinkle with Madras Curry, 3 Onion Dip Mix and flour. Stir constantly for 1 minute.
4. Stir in Vegetable Bouillon, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, covered, stirring occasionally, for approximately 5 minutes.
5. Add peas and chickpeas, stirring frequently for 4–5 minutes, or until heated through.
6. Sprinkle each serving with green onions, if desired, and serve.
This delicious recipe is jam-packed with the cancer-preventing antioxidants in Epicure's Madras Curry.
Per Serving : Calories 370, Fat 8 g (Saturated 1 g, Trans 0 g), Cholesterol 35 mg, Sodium 540 mg, Carbohydrate 49 g (Fibre 11 g, Sugars 6 g), Protein 27 g.
Tips: Creative Cooking: For a twist, try Epicure's Curry Dip Mix instead of Epicure's Madras Curry. Try Epicure's Herb & Garlic Dip Mix instead of Epicure's 3 Onion Dip Mix.
Serving Suggestion: Serve with Epicure's Cucumber Raita (find recipe online).
October 09, 2009